WomenCentre Calderdale and Kirklees is run by a board of trustees. Any WomenCentre member may apply to join the board. Meetings take place five times a year in addition to our AGM which is held in October. Four further sub-group meetings are usually attended by 3/4 Board Members at any time.
- The opportunity to use relevant skills and expertise and experience to be constructively involved in Womencentre, the biggest centre in the country supporting women holistically, and the source of good practice for other areas
- The ability to be informed of essential and innovative work supporting policy and delivery of support to women, to contribute to its development and to share in the knowledge of positive outcomes for women and good practice shared
- To attend and actively participate in Board meetings, including making decisions on new policies or developments, and to bring to the meetings relevant expertise gained through work or life experience, helping to contribute to the representation of women in the wider community
- To participate in ensuring Womencentre is run legally, safely and with financial probity and responsibility and that Womencentre’s values and social mission are central to all aspects of activity
- To commit to serving for three years and to attend an annual training and review day. Where appropriate, to act on behalf of the Board and to report back.
To find out more about joining our board, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org