We are looking for a new team member!
Fixed term contract until May 31st 2021
19 Hours per week (pro rata)
SCALE 26-28 £23 166 – to £24 717
The post is funded by The Big Lottery through their “Help Through Crisis” grant over 5 years.
As part of the Women Making Changes team you will be expected to have knowledge of a range of issues that impact on women of all ages. They will include, Homelessness, Financial Hardship, Asylum Seeking, Dementia Drug & Alcohol use/abuse Domestic Abuse, Mental Ill Health and Physical Health, Eating Disorders/ Self Harming.
Personal and job related skills will include:-
- Experience in advocacy work and managing a complex caseload
- Experience of supporting people with multiple complex issues and working with competing demands
- Knowledge of the impact on women of children being removed/legal access
- Knowledge of entitlements to access all types of benefit and support for hearings both benefit and legal re custody to assist with the completion of assessment forms
- The ability to speak community languages
- Experience of effective multiagency working
We are an organisation that promotes safeguarding practice across all our service delivery, staff and volunteer recruitment.
Closing Date: 9 am Friday 2nd June 2017
Interviews: Friday 16th June 2017
For an informal discussion please contact Jo Jobling on 01422 386547 or 07770125336
For more information about the above posts visit www.womencentre.org.uk/jobs where an application pack can be downloaded.
Application packs can be collected from reception at WomenCentre, 23 Silver Street, Halifax, HX1 1JN
This post is open to women only – Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1 applies
Company number: 06084795 Charity number: 1118366