The STAGE Project
The STAGE project offers women (16 and over) support to address and overcome experiences associated with sexual exploitation and grooming.
If you have or still are experiencing sexual exploitation our case worker can support with:
- Emotional support (Outreach, phone, face to face)
- Recognising exploitation, managing risk and safety planning
- Self care, psycho education, building resilience
- Accessing housing support
- Support with your physical and mental health needs
- Support with Criminal Justice System (reporting to the police, going to court)
- Moving on (accessing training, education or employment)
- Advocacy and supporting you in meetings
We accept both self-referrals and referrals from professionals.
To find our more about this service or to make a referral for yourself or someone you are working with, please call 01484 450866 or email email@example.com.
The STAGE Project brings together charities Changing Lives, GROW, A Way Out, Together Women, Basis, WomenCentre, The Angelou Centre and Ashiana to provide trauma-informed support for women who have been groomed for sexual exploitation across the North East and Yorkshire.
Funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, the partnership also works to influence change to policy/practice at local & national levels, to systemically improve outcomes for women who are experiencing/have experienced Sexual Exploitation.