The STAGE Project
The STAGE project offers women (16 and over) support to address and overcome experiences associated with sexual exploitation and grooming.
If you have or still are experiencing sexual exploitation our case worker can support with:
- Emotional support (Outreach, phone, face to face)
- Recognising exploitation, managing risk and safety planning
- Self care, psycho education, building resilience
- Accessing housing support
- Support with your physical and mental health needs
- Support with Criminal Justice System (reporting to the police, going to court)
- Moving on (accessing training, education or employment)
- Advocacy and supporting you in meetings
We accept both self-referrals and referrals from professionals.
To find our more about this service or to make a referral for yourself or someone you are working with, please call 01484 450866 or email email@example.com.
The STAGE Project, funded by Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s “Tampon Tax Fund” brings together 6 women’s sector charities (A way out, Basis, Changing Lives, GROW and Together Women) from across the North East and Yorkshire where there are emerging, live and recent sexual exploitation investigations. The project, which is funded until March 2021, also has a research element which will look at survivor experiences and the impact of support and will be producing a toolkit to enable this approach to be replicated nationally.