WomenCentre provides holistic, one-stop services at our centres in Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Halifax and in the community
Our wide-ranging services include emotional and practical support on issues such as debt, benefits, mental or physical health, domestic violence, counselling, training and development and much more.
WomenCentre enables women to:
- improve health and well-being
- increase training and employment opportunities for improved economic conditions
- raise self-confidence, self-esteem and social interaction skills
- improve citizenship and social inclusion
- support the development of positive, safe and stable circumstances and relationships
- improve safety and wellbeing of their children
Any woman can join us to support our work and make a difference
“I can’t explain to you how it was, it was the last straw and I didn’t know where to go…If I hadn’t had support from here, I don’t know where I’d be.”
Nationally we champion the needs of women through influencing policy and developing awareness. WomenCentre hosts and supports the development of Women’s Breakout, the umbrella body of women’s community services linked to criminal justice. WomenCentre provides development support to women’s projects and initiatives and works with statutory agencies across the North of England to improve outcomes for women and children.