Are you up for a new challenge?
WomenCentre offers a variety of volunteering opportunities, which can vary depending on what experience you have and what you want to do.
The centres in Halifax and Huddersfield both run volunteer-led drop in times for women. Volunteers will use listening, one to one support and advice and guidance skills to support women with a wide range of issues and needs.
We also provide opportunities for volunteering in specialist roles, for example as a counsellor, a learning mentor, as a board member or in administrative, fundraising or support work roles.
Many past volunteers have used the experience gained at our centres as a stepping stone to gaining employment or to accessing training or further education.
Types of volunteering roles may include
- Supporting reception staff
- Helping with admin and office duties
- Helping women with filling in forms such as housing and benefits
- Supporting women over the phone
- Attending court with women
- Specialist volunteer roles such as counsellors, board members or fundraiser
WC web Womenslink volunteer – click here for more information
Offering help and support to a woman when she doesn’t know where to turn is a rewarding experience that could help someone turn their life around.
What we can offer you
- Training & support
- Equality & respect
- Recognition & appreciation
- An opportunity to give back to the community
- Increased confidence to work in a professional organisation
What we look for in volunteers
- Commitment in supporting vulnerable women
- Good listening and communication skills
- Confidence to work pro-actively
- Reliability and punctuality
If you would like to join our team of amazing volunteers, please contact us: phone 01422 386500 or email