Phoenix – Private Practice Service
WomenCentre has been supporting women with Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Kirklees area for over 30 years. By accessing our Phoenix Private Practice Counselling service, you will benefit from:
• Friendly and professional women counsellors, from multi-cultural backgrounds
• Qualified and experienced counsellors who are insured and registered with an appropriate membership body.
• At a convenient time and place- either face to face at our offices in central Huddersfield /Dewsbury or via a zoom or phone call.
• The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping other women in the area. Profits for our Private Practice Counselling supports the funding of WomenCentre
‘1 in 4 of us experience problems with our psychological wellbeing at some points in our lives.’
Sometimes we need the time and space to explore things that are impacting on our mental health in a safe, non-judgemental and therapeutic environment, that we may not want to share with friends and family
What is counselling?
Counselling provides an opportunity to be yourself, talk freely about how you are feeling without being judged, at a regular time each week.
Your counsellor will help you make connections between the past and present and explore how you respond to current difficulties. She will not tell you what to do.
You might want to talk about:
-Difficulties you are experiencing in your life at the moment.
-How the past affects your thoughts, feelings and behaviours now.
How can counselling help me?
It may help you with:
• Anxiety and panic attacks
• Low self-esteem and self-worth
• Lack of confidence
• Managing stress
• Coping with the effect of abuse as a child or adult
• Understanding your relationships and developing more healthy ones.
• Coping with loss such as bereavement, relationship breakdown or unemployment
• Addictive behaviours
• Managing feelings such as shame, anger, guilt
Who will benefit from Phoenix counselling ?
Any women aged 18+ who:
• Is looking for a reputable organisation with experienced Women Counsellors
•Would like the opportunity to support other women to access support while financing their own weekly therapy
• Trainee Counsellors who need their own Counsellor for their required personal counselling hours
How much will Phoenix counselling cost?
There is a competitively priced standard rate of £40 a session. Proceeds go towards supporting the work of WomenCentre
Payment for counselling
You will be asked to pay for your first assessment session a week in advance and then in a block of two sessions in advance via online banking.
How do I access the Phoenix counselling Service?
Click though to the self-referral form here
Return your completed *forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or by post to Phoenix Counselling, 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1QB
Or, phone WomenCentre on 01484 450866 and ask for a Phoenix Self-referral form. This can be emailed or posted to you.
*If you are new to WomenCentre, you will need to complete a ‘New client’ form too.
Shortly after you will be contacted by the counselling coordinator for an initial discussion to explore whether counselling will be helpful for you.